Mr. Mom

And we're back. Hey so I've decided that I'm going to revive this blog and make it about my struggles with depression and mental...

Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Zenuation

 Hahaha, get it Zenutation? I combined Zen and continuation, oh never mind. So today I sat down to do a post over on StooBBQ about my chili recipe. Yes I was actually going to share my World Un-famous Chili recipe, but Super Hero Supporter, was just calling my name. I'm guessing my brain had something to say, but at the moment I'm not quite sure what it is. So I'll just type until something comes out. Hopefully it makes sense.

I saw a sad story on The Today Show about Tommy Raskin. His father, a member of the US House of Representatives. This bright young mind, lost his battle with depression on New Year's Eve Day. Leaving a note saying, "Please forgive me. My illness won today. Please look after each other, the animals, and the global poor for me. All my love, Tommy". Now I don't know this guy, nor do I know his family, but hearing those words on TV shook me. I actually had to stop what I was doing (making my bed) and catch myself. It literally knocked the wind out of me. 

Can't wait to redo our kitchen

So of course what do I do when I need a release, well now I clean (my mom is completely stunned). Day 5 in the Facebook group is give the coffee maker a good cleaning. So that is what I did. I started by collecting all of the trash and taking it out to the curb, then I moved on to giving the Keurig a good cleaning, next thing I know dishwasher is loaded and running, sink full with more to go in. Counters cleaned and wiped down. Once first load of dishes are done, I'll empty and reload it. BUT, what I think is funny is that I am now doing the things I ask my lazy teenagers to do and not wait for them to do it. Except bathrooms, I won't touch their's! Which, I used to yell at my super hero wife not to do, because she would get angry at me that they weren't doing it. Well not no more baby!!! I am leading by example.

Example, this morning I woke up and saw their bathroom completely destroyed!!! So what I do? revoked their access to said bathroom. That's right I locked the door and I am the only one who has a key. A lot of money was spent fixing up that bathroom and I am going to be damned if I am going to let them trash it. Hahaha guess I did have something to say. Guess we'll find out how locking the bathroom goes as the days go on...

No comments:

Post a Comment